Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Ignition Drving School
- The instructor shall provide the pupil with driving tuition at the rate per hour previously communicated to the pupil.
- Payment for tuition should be made in advance by cash or cheque either direct to ‘Ignition Driving School’ or to the instructor. Alternatively the pupil may pay the instructor in cash or by cheque (made payable to ‘Ignition Driving School’) at the commencement of each lesson.
- All matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons shall be subject to agreement between the instructor and the pupil.
- The instructor shall have the right to rearrange any appointment to a time convenient to both parties if the instructor is not available for any reason.
- Lesson cancellations can only be made by the pupil directly with the instructor at least two working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays) prior to the commencement of the lesson, otherwise lesson fees will not be refunded.
- It is hereby expressly agreed that this contract is made solely between the instructor, as principal, and the pupil.
‘Ignition Driving School’ will...
- Use the latest training methods and aids.
- Design a course of practical training to match your specific needs from your first lesson through to your practical test.
- Provide relevant feedback during your lesson and, at the conclusion of each, record your development in your record card.
- Provide training on a one-to-one basis with no other learner driver in the car.
- Have the highest standards of personal conduct during the lesson, including: Courteous and considerate service. Courteous and considerate service. No smoking during any training.
- Restricting mobile phone calls to emergencies and those for your benefit.
- Provide a presentable, modern properly maintained, dual controlled car for every lesson.
- Always endeavour to be on time at the agreed meeting point, and be available for the full duration of the lesson booking, subject to unforeseen circumstances beyond my control.
- To give two working days (excluding Weekends & Bank Holidays) notice should a lesson need to be rescheduled subject to circumstances beyond my control.
- Respond professionally to any worries or issues that you may have, trying to resolve them to your satisfaction.